Sunday, June 6, 2021

Greetings from Mr. Nelson-Ortiz!

Good morning Waggoner families,

Let me begin by introducing myself  My name is Travis Nelson-Ortiz. I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Spanish and Government in 1996. I earned my teaching credential from California State University of Sacramento. I have been an educator for 21 years. I started my teaching career in August of 2000 in the Fairfield Suisun Unified School District. I have taught all grades from kindergarten to sixth grade. In 2016, I made the decision to go into administration. I have been an Assistant Principal for the last six years. I have a background in reading, English language learners, and Spanish Dual Immersion.

I am super excited to be joining the Waggoner family. I feel very honored to serve as the Principal of Waggoner Elementary School. It is truly a privilege to be part of a community where parents, teachers, students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic and social growth and success. I look forward to providing an outstanding learning experience for every child. My goal for the next school year is to continue the improvements and successes the staff and students made this past school year. During my 21 years as an educator, I have had an open door policy for parents, teachers and students. If you have any concerns, suggestions or ideas please feel free to contact me to discuss them. My email address is travis.nelsonortiz@gmail.com .

I am looking forward to meeting parents and students when the new school year starts. Together we can make a difference and have a superb school year.

Sincerely,

Travis Nelson-Ortiz

Permítanme comenzar presentándome. Mi nombre es Travis Nelson-Ortiz. Obtuve mi licenciatura en español y gobierno en 1996. Obtuve mi credencial de maestro de la Universidad Estatal de Sacramento de California. Soy educador desde hace 21 años. Comencé mi carrera docente en agosto de 2000 en el Distrito Escolar Unificado Fairfield Suisun. He enseñado todos los grados desde kindergarten hasta sexto grado. En 2016, tomé la decisión de ingresar a la administración. He sido subdirector durante los últimos seis años. Tengo experiencia en lectura, estudiantes de inglés y doble inmersión en español.

Estoy muy emocionado de unirme a la familia Waggoner. Me siento muy honrado de servir como director de la escuela primaria Waggoner. Es realmente un privilegio ser parte de una comunidad donde los padres, maestros y estudiantes se cuidan unos a otros y se esfuerzan por construir relaciones positivas que apoyen el crecimiento y el éxito académico y social. Espero poder brindar una experiencia de aprendizaje excepcional para cada niño. Mi meta para el próximo año escolar es continuar con los mejoramientos y el éxito que el personal y los estudiantes lograron este año escolar pasado. Durante mis 21 años como educador, he tenido una política de puerta abierta para padres, maestros y estudiantes. Si tiene alguna inquietud, sugerencia o idea, no dude en comunicarse conmigo para discutirla.  Mi correo electrónico es travis.nelsonortiz@gmail.com .

Espero conocer a los padres y estudiantes cuando comience el nuevo año escolar. Juntos podemos marcar la diferencia y tener un excelente año escolar.

Sinceramente,

Travis Nelson-Ortiz

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Mr. Nelson-Ortiz! We are very excited to have you in our District.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrate Waggoner!

 Happy last day of school! It has been a wild ride this year and we are so grateful to have been on this journey with you! We have created f...